Morning Glory part II – Oat & banana-pancakes
Posted on November 30, 2012
Where were we? Oh, that’s right; healthy breakfast. As I said in the earlier post (Morning Glory – Quinoa Granola) finding, or even making, healthy delicious breakfast is not the easiest thing on the planet. So as I am continuing my quest to make breakfast as filling, yummy, easy and wonderful for health freaks/vegans/vegetarians alike, I’m giving you the Oat & banan pancakes.
Very tasty, healthy, easy and cosy! Yes, breakfast is supposed to be cosy.
Enjoy my friends!
Serves 2 people
Oats, 2 dl mealed into flower
Bananas, 2 ripe
Flaxseeds, 4 tablespoons soaked with 6 tablespoons water
Cinnamon, to taste but in my opinion, don’t be shy
Salt, to taste
Coconut oil, for frying
– Blend the flaxseeds and water together and set aside.
– In a mixer, meal the oats into flower.
– Put the ripe bananas in a mixer together with a splash of water, a pinch of salt and a generous pinch of cinnamon.
– In a bowl, combine all the ingredients (when the flaxseeds and water have formed a jelly like consistency) into a batter.
– Fry, using coconut oil, in a skillet. Start on a high temperature and then lower the heat, this way they will become a bit crispy around the edges.